|Introduced In||Live Together, Die Alone|
|Owned By||Desmond Hume|
Penny had written Desmond this letter and hidden it in his copy of "Our Mutual Friend", as she was aware it was of great importance to him, and that it would be the last book he would read before he died. She wrote the letter before he had been incarcerated by the Royal Scots Regiment and placed in what would be the one place he would turn in a moment of great desperation. Desmond later found the letter inside the Swan Station and it was reading this letter that made Desmond realized how bad his life had gotten. Desmond would later hear Locke banging on the hatch door, and this event restored Desmond's hope. (Live Together, Die Alone)
- Dearest Des,
- I am writing this letter to
- you as you leave for prison. And I've
- hidden it in the one place you would
- turn to in a moment of great desperation.
- I know you go away with
- the weight of what happened on your
- shoulders. And I know the only
- person who can ever take it off is
- you. Sorry to be so dramatic, but
- these are dramatic times, are they not?
- Please don't give up, Des. Because
- all we really need to survive is one
- person who truly loves us.
- and you have her. I will wait for
- you. Always.
- I love you, Pen