Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Number 8 is one of the six "Numbers" (4 8 15 17 20 44). The number 8 has appeared in the following places. Furthermore, it is considered Hurley's number, since it is the number assigned to him by Jacob in his search for a successor.
# of months Claire was pregnant when they crashed. # of kilometers the hitman tells Jin to drive. # of people that die in Hurley’s shoe factory fire. # of whiskey shots between Sawyer and Christian Shephard. # of hours Kate would spend in the woods with her father tracking deer. # of years since Michael got hit by a car. # of years Michael’s been writing Walt. # of months Locke and Helen have been talking. # of days since Charlie went without his guitar. # of weeks Driveshaft was going on tour. # of days after the crash Jack & the other survivors moved to the caves. # of years Michael worked in construction. # of months since farmer’s wife died when he met Kate. # of years since Kate was arrested (According to mug shot, assuming the flight was in 2004.) # of times Jin punched the guy he was “giving the message” to for Sun’s father. # of beers Jack’s best man says he should have before giving the speech. # of people kneeling in the second row of the Mosque. # of the aisle the regulation footballs are in. # of months after that accident Sarah was supposed to have the wedding. # of hours Aaron was awake for. # of stories that Locke fell when he broke his back. # of years from the time Desmond saw Penny at her new apartment to when he called her on Christmas Eve from the boat (The Constant episode)
- Sawyer’s age when his dad killed himself and his wife.
- Shannon’s age when her dad married Boone’s mom.
- News station at Hurley’s lotto interview was Channel 8.
- Walt born in August.
- Claire was missing for 8 days since Ethan took her.
- Charlie’s shoe size.
- The car magazine description Sawyer reads says the car has a V8 engine.
- The old guy’s hat in the airport (Who Hurley buys the scooter from) has an 8 on his hat.
- Drawn on the wall in the hatch.
- On some equipment in Sarah’s hospital room.
- The symbol all over the hatch is an octagon (8 sides).
- The deck that collapsed while Hurley was standing on it was built for 8 people, according to Dr. Brooks.
- Number on the white rabbit in Hydra lab.
- Sun had conceived 8 weeks previous to Juliet doing tests on her.
# of hits Juliet had to hit the bomb in the hole in The Incident, before it worked.
- Number next to Hurley's name on the ceiling on which Jacob had listed his candidates for succession.